Events for all Levels and InterestsStay
Jump Start Your Career GrowthStay
Get on the Higher Ed IT MapStay
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good™Stay
Filter by type
Filter by Publications
Filter by Presentations
Filter by Library Taxonomy
- Openness [x]
- Information Technology Management and Leadership (419)
- Open Access (209)
- Libraries and Technology (161)
- Teaching and Learning (148)
- Open Content (146)
- Information Systems and Services (93)
- Policy and Law (71)
- Federal Policy and Law (65)
- Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies (60)
- Open Source (60)
- Open Education (36)
EDUCAUSE values sharing, collaboration, and open access to knowledge and resources, and thus supports technologies, applications, and approaches that foster openness. Embracing openness as a core value commits EDUCAUSE to helping both its institutional and corporate members engage the topic on a sustained basis, with the goal of maximizing the flexibility and creativity with which members can advance their missions.
To learn more about openness as a core value of EDUCAUSE, please review the following value statement
- Open Governance in Higher Education: Extending the Past to the Future, EDUCAUSE Review, January/February 2011.
- Openness is the theme of the July/August EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 45, no 4, 2010. Articles on open content, open access, OER and open faculty are all included in this issue.
- Openness in Delivering Education and Content, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 2, 2009.
- EDUCAUSE Review Magazine, vol. 44, no. 1, January/February 2009 Openness themed issue of EDUCAUSE Review
- What Is Openness, Anyway? EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 1, 2009.
- Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail, and Learning 2.0, EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 43, no. 1, January/February 2008.
Web Seminars and Podcasts
- Openness: Decoupling the Future to Radically Improve Access to Education, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 10th, 2011.
- The World Is Open: Now, WE ALL LEARN with Web Technology, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Incidental Openness: Exploring Stories of Education in the Open, ELI Annual Conference, January 21, 2010.
- Throwing Open the Doors: Strategies and Implications for Open Access, EDUCAUSE Live!, October 13th, 2009.
- Where Is the Open Education Movement Going?, EDUCAUSE Live!, May 19th, 2009.
- Opening Up Education: The Collective Advancement of Education through Open Technology, Open Content, and Open Knowledge, EDUCAUSE Live!,October 17, 2008.
- EDUCAUSE Openness Constituent Group - Discurssion list
Updated January 2012
Library Items on this Topic
EDUCAUSE Library Items for Openness
Openness True EDUCAUSE values sharing, collaboration, an…
- Open Educational Resources: Breaking the Lockbox on Education
November 13, 2013
The Hewlett Foundation’s Education Program recently revisited its Open Educational Resources (OER) strategy in an effort to better understand how its philanthropic investments—within the co…
- Research Data Management Principles, Practices, and Prospects
November 15, 2013
"This report examines how research institutions are responding to data management requirements of the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and other federal agencies. …
- Progress Report: NGLC Learning Analytics Projects
September 23, 2013
Think of learning analytics as the warning lights of online learning’s dashboard – that gleaming assemblage of dials and icons that alerts a driver at once if gas in the tank is running low, …
- A New Polemic: Libraries, MOOCs, and the Pedagogical Landscape
August 21, 2013
The author, Nora Almeida , examines MOOCs through the lense of libraries, including intellectual property, digital preservation, and information delivery and curricular support models. The aut…
- Expense Experiments
August 28, 2013
"In the name of student savings, institutions are testing everything from all-tablet learning to textbook rentals to open educational resources (OER) -- though similar projects delivered mix…
- 7 Things You Should Know About LTI
August 2, 2013
Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) is an open specification from the IMS Global Learning Consortium that is designed to enable plug-and-play integration of educational applications…
- Helping to Open Up: Improving Knowledge, Capability and Confidence in Making Research Data More Open
July 15, 2013
This report was commissioned by the Research Information and Digital Literacies Coalition (RIDLs) in the United Kingdom. RIDLs exists to promote collectively the value of training and development…
- Serendipity in Research: Let's Not Leave It to Chance
August 5, 2013
Nick Shockey is Director of the Right to Research Coalition. There has always been something serendipitous about the progress of research—the right person coming into contact with…
- 7 Things You Should Know About MOOCs II
June 11, 2013
A MOOC is a model of educational delivery that is, to varying degrees, massive, open, online, and a course. Most MOOCs are structured similar to traditional online higher education course…